The words are definitely determinable from the babble these days from our darling 13-month-old, and I thought it was high time I make a list of them.
Here they are, in a general order of which came first:
hello
bye-bye
dada
mama
uh-oh
illy
what dat (what's that?)
more
ba-ba (bottle)
go
up
down
gat (cat, which is wierd, since she's seen about three in her life)
gar (car)
burr (bird)
ug (hug)
ock (sock)
at (hat)
no (gotta love this word)
I'm sure I've forgotten a few, but I'm also sure that Simon and I are probably the only ones that can interpret these words most of the time. I still remember visiting my then 1-year-old niece Zoe (now a VERY chatty and charming 3 and a half year old). She would say something like "ga ga ma da urgle" and Alma would say something like "Josh, Zoe wants a cup of apple juice". I wasn't sure if my sister was making this up or whether she was fluent in a new language.
Now I know.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment