Saturday, November 22, 2008

A revelation

We had our first night going out last night with the babysitter putting Eliza to bed. Normally we put her to sleep before we go out, but this was a revelation. We were going to a wedding at 5pm, so left the house a little after four, and our wonderful sitter not only fed and bathed Eliza and put her to bed, but did the same for her two cousins. I imagine there was a little bit of chaos. The only strange thing I noticed when we got home was that Eliza had her plastic doll in the cot with her. The one that you can switch on and it moves and makes freaky cooing/sucking noises. It must be switched off, I thought, and left it in with her. Only at quarter to six this morning she started screaming hysterically. I went in her room, and she was standing up crying "Mama, baby" and pointing at the baby doll, which was writhing and cooing in the corner of her cot. Yikes.
Ah well, so much for sleeping in.

No comments: