Friday night was a milestone for me, we've finally had good Mexican food in Sydney! It wasn't overwhelmed by cheese and sour cream, wasn't exorbitantly priced and had just the right amount of chili (plus free refills on the soda, an unheard of thing in this country!). Mind you it probably wasn't the most "authentic" Mexican, but it was authentic California Mexican, which is what I love. Beach Burrito Company, which just opened recently on Bondi Beach for those of you Sydneysiders reading this, is well worth a visit. In my opinion better than the other recent addition to the Mexican stakes Guzman y Gomez in Newtown. Which is much more "authentic" but food has been cold, overpriced and bland on most of our visits.
Still, Mexican is one of those quintessential things I miss about living in the US of A. Mexican, cherry pie, and (I know it sounds wierd) Ethiopian food.
Not that I won't miss the food here when we move, since it generally is much nicer (especially the fruit and veg). And I'm going to have to bring a lifetime supply of these babies in my luggage:
No comments:
Post a Comment