Sally & Kate threw me a baby shower on the weekend - it was very sweet. I always feel funny being the centre of attention but it was nice having such a gaggle of lovely girls in my house, and so many itty bitty things for LB. I've never been so excited about doing the laundry, and then as I was hanging it up this afternoon I just had to take a picture. So darned cute!
Then I had to just take a picture of illy and the chickens, because they were looking pretty buddy-buddy as well. I'm not sure if it's friendship or just mutual tolerance.
And if you're wondering why illy looks so concerned, Simon's gone off on a ten-day sailing-running adventure in Tasmania. Not the best timing, I know, but better now than later. It's called the Three Peaks race and he's on a yacht called Pisces. Right now they're just sailing to the start of the race in Launceston, but the race starts on Thursday. Basically, Simon's one of two runners on the boat and they have to sail to three separate peaks and then the runners get out and run them, no matter what time of day or night they've arrived. Sounds fun, huh? The first one is 60kms. I've added the race blog to my links if you want to stay up to date with his progress. We spoke last night and he had managed to conquer his first bout of seasickness. Meanwhile I'm eating cheese-on-toast for dinner, getting lots of writing done and getting my annual dose of chick-flicks on DVD.
2 comments:
Aw, who doesn't melt at the sight of all those tiny little onesies? Aside from the mothers of teenage girls, that is...
Illy's obviously taking his responsibility for the welfare of the family's females seriously during Simon's absence.
Would love to have been at your baby shower. Glad you have so many friends and family down under to take care of you!
Mom
Post a Comment