Hard to believe that Eliza was officially one week old yesterday - what a week it has been! I can't deny there have been a few tears (both on her part and mine) as we figure out what this motherhood thing is all about, but overall it has been wonderful. She is opening her eyes a lot more and responds to music and close-up visual stimuli. Doesn't mind having her nappy (or diaper) changed so much anymore as long as you're either singing to her or if you pull the string on her musical cat. And she actually seemed to enjoy bathtime on the weekend, letting her little limbs relax and float in the warm water, which was a big improvement on the hospital bath screamfest.
Physically I'm starting to feel a little bit more normal too, though I managed to bruise or fracture my tailbone fairly well during labour and have to sit on one of those funny doughnut cushions for the time being. We even went on our first outing yesterday, a walk around the campus of neighbouring Sydney Uni. Eliza slept the whole time, but Illy was pretty stoked to have us all out together. And she's sleeping much better at night - generally only two wake-ups for a feed at the moment and then back to sleep without too much trouble.
Eliza's major hurdle at the moment is going to sleep after her daytime feeds - especially the midday ones. She seems so entranced by everything around her and wants to stay up, but then gets overtired and cranky and impossible to put down. The photos with Simon and I show two of the only ways she'll settle. Any tips appreciated!
4 comments:
So cute! And you look great too, Eleanor.
So great to see pics - she's so very tiny. And I'm not sure who looks happier you or Illy - that is one happy dog!!!
See you soon
Natalie
x
So glad to see you have a baby-SUV!
Eleanor, you look positively radiant! I am so happy for you and have been sharing your photos and tales with Jonathan as well. It's wonderful for me to hear Eliza responds well to music, can't wait to sing her to sleep one of these days...
All my love and kisses,
Vanessa
Post a Comment