Thursday, April 26, 2007

You say potato, I say metato

Woke up this morning in excruciating pain in the ball of my left foot, and as it hasn't gone away all day, only swollen up & hurt worse, I'm going to the doctor tonight. It just throbs when there is no pressure on it but when I stand up it kills, like standing on a really bad sore bruise, and walking's even worse. Naturally being a genius at self-diagnosis using the tools of an internet browser and search terms like "foot friggin hurts" I have decided I must have metatarsalgia, which is what happens to obese people and pregnant ladies (cause we suddenly gain a whole lotta weight and start walking funny). Great. I'll let you all know if the doctor confirms my suspicions.
Till then I'm couch-bound. I know I should enjoy it while I can, but it's driving me crazy. I can't even get up and make my own snacks!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Tell me what your Ob-Gyn doc says. I certainly you get some relief and that it's nothing serious.
Love,
Mom