Thursday, August 23, 2007

News

We went alright at the pediatrician and the embassy last Friday. Only alright, I say, because Eliza is still little for her age (barely 5 kilos) and I left my passport at the embassy by accident. But the doctor says not to worry, that she seems healthy and that she could just be destined to be small (I suppose I'm not huge myself). He said we could try supplementing with formula if we want her to pack on the pounds, but when I offered her a taste on the weekend she screamed like a banshee. Next time I think I'll try expressing and mixing it with some breast milk.
And fortunately my passport has been returned, they kept it by accident at the embassy. Little 'liza's going to have two passports, US and Aussie, and I had to get two lots of passport photos taken of her. Very cute!
I think the threat of formula kicked her into gear, since she's been feeding much better this week. Only now that cold I caught from Simon has turned into tonsillitis and I'm on (yet another) course of antibiotics. The biggest bummer is since I'm sick I had to miss mother's group this week, and we were going to the movies! How I long to go to the movies...Instead I'll just have to content myself with the final season of Deadwood. Sigh.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Glad you've got your passport back and that Eliza is doing well (even if she's a pipsqueak). Sorry you've got tonsillitis. Do they still remove remove tonsils? (Mine were removed at age 12.) As for having to watch Deadwood rather than go to the movies with the moms, my sympathies, but I'm a huge Deadwood fan. Rick and I finished the last episode of the third season last night (on DVD) and now I am faced with wondering what will fill its hole.
Lovely pictures of Eliza!

Get well soon,
Love,
Mom

Josh said...

Nancy, you and Rick should rent and watch "Battlestar Galactica," which believe it or not may be just as good as "Deadwood." Even Alma loves it!