emails, and tips, folks, I promise I'll post my links soon (and more pictures - the camera battery is currently charging). I have to admit the belly doesn't look AS big from the side view. In fact I was pretty surprised yesterday when someone I see every week (but don't know well) at work didn't realise I was pregnant. What, did you think I'd been chugging a lot of beers to get this belly? I wish.
Well, not really, but it does remind me of a story Laurie told me of a pregnant friend who met her in a bar and ordered a Heineken. "Baby's been craving a Heineken all day," she told Laurie. Um, I don't think that's your baby that's craving a Heineken...
Simon and I attended our first birth classes last night at the hospital - one down six to go! We learned about the various stages of labour, it was fun to watch all the boys flinch when the teacher talked about mucous plugs & all sorts of other lovely things (though I have to admit, I was flinching a little too). The instructor's a no-nonsense type when it comes to talking about pain and gore, but gets all welled up and teary-eyed about water birthing. We watched a video of four different water births, one or two that looked slightly realistic and then one where the baby just popped out like a piece of toast. The lady looked almost bored. Simon's into the idea of water birthing now, and planning to bring his board shorts to the labour ward. We'll see.
Chicken update: Yesterday I didn't check the coop til I got home after work, and for the first time in weeks there were no eggs! The door to the garden was left open, so here's the question - would Illy have eaten the eggs? He does get raw eggs with his food sometimes, and loves them. But there wasn't even the trace of an eggshell...I wonder. Or the chickens could be on strike, there was only one egg today.
Thursday, March 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment