Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The wall


Sorry about the low quality image, but this is the wall that has finally come up in the front of our casa. For nearly two years the house has been built and lived-in, but it took us a while to take the plywood construction gate down. One of our neighbours used to say it looked like we were living in Beirut. Ha ha. I didn't tell him it looked like he was living in a bad imitation of a Martha Stewart-inspired factory home, now did I?
Anyway, lo-and-behold, in one of those baby-induced moments of wildly preparing, S finished the wall last week. Yippee! Now he's busy moving his office into the garage so we can have a nursery (or something resembling one).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you have "blogged" again! I missed you. Wish you would write more about life "down under" and keep giving us updates of your tummy!

Love, Aunt Susie

Nancy said...

Question: Will (or does) the wall have a door to secure your entryway from the street or is it mostly a sight/sound/privacy barrier? It looks quite nice. Does the mail slot go to a box on the other side of the wall. Of course I will find out the answers to these and other pressing questions myself in two months!!

Anonymous said...

House looking great - makes you seem very grown up (I guess the bump does that too). Martha jarb noted - but are you sure you don't secretly worship her. I mean, you've got a very homely situation going on - what with the chickens and dog and ...
natalie